Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #2531 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
Hey, kinda new here - going through some bad times atm and was looking for some recommendations for songs to rage/cry to. Usually listen to 80's hard rock (Skid Row, Twisted Sister, stuff like that)

Where do I start?

Well there are a few obvious ones, you know AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Ozzy, Guns 'N Roses, Queen etc. etc., but I'm going to assume you know all of those.

Have you heard of Bang Camaro? They are a recent hair metal band (yes, someone's still making that) with like, 20 singers.

Also, even though they don't fit into this genre, Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue's bassist (so I guess there's a bit of an 80's LA **** rock backround), founded Sixx A.M., and made music to soundtrack his book The Heroin Diaries. Plus, I can kind of see how it corespondents to Green Day, who you mentioned... execpt they're actually good. Amazing at that.

I know I mentioned Guns 'N Roses earlier, and I you know them, but what you don't know is that some stuff by their former rhythm guitarist, Izzy Stradlin, almost compares to GNR themselves.

Quote:
as well as some Iron Maiden, Metallica and stuff. (generally stuff heavy on guitar/drums)
There's a lot of stuff that fits under this umbrella. First of all (and so obviously, I can't believe I'm posting it), Dream Theater is hugely inspired by both of those bands.

Anyways, I hope this helps.
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote