Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #855 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Can we just end the Eminem discussion? It's tedious as balls. Now this is what I want to know... who are the two goons who voted for Paul Wall?
Dude, shut the fuck up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Why do you think it sucks? Only part I don't like about eminem is when he sings choruses. He's top of the line with his flow and lyrics and is one of the very few guys who has stood at the the top of the game for such a long time. Really diverse stuff too, he's come a long way and still kills verses. I don't know how anyone who likes rap can really think Em sucks.
Eminem--diverse? Since when? There's the retarded shock value that Eminem often tries to garner attention off of. His brand of "shock rap" is elementary/annoying at best. Then there's the stupid "tasteless" jokes that are just as juvenile and irritating. It's all just really cheesy and lame--he comes off as some annoying white kid trying to appear "edgy."

But beyond Eminem's "edgy and daring" side, we get his weak references, overrated rhyming patterns (sure, he's good at rhyming, but he gets way too much credit, like he's reinvented lyrical technique--he hasn't), and his oh so deep, personal problems. He has a daughter that he cares about, he doesn't like his mom very much, and he's had some drug problems. It's not like he conveys any of these issues in particularly interesting ways.

Why don't you tell me why he's good? I don't want to hear about how he has technical skill--I don't care, I know he does, but that doesn't instantly qualify him as the greatest/one of the greatest rappers ever, especially considering he isn't even "the best" when it comes to technical capabilities.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote