Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of the year 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

Really good year... here's a few of my top picks

Fang Island "Fang Island"

This album was probably the biggest, most pleasant surprise of the year for me. I was expecting fairly standard indie rock, but instead was treated to something much more delightful, fun, and adventurous. This album combines not only standard indie rock, but also elements of progressive rock, math rock, pop punk, and heavy metal. It's technical, catchy rock and roll joy. The sound of everyone high-fiving everyone.

The Dillinger Escape Plan "Option Paralysis"

I had high expectations for this album and was not dissapointed. The Dillinger Escape Plan have released yet another mathcore masterpiece. This album could be described as a refinement of everything they've done over the years. The mathcore is as heavy and technical as ever, the catchy moments are more plentiful, Greg's voice has been pushed even farther, and the whole package is filler-free. This isn't their best album (I prefer the more experimental, electronic-influenced Ire Works) but it comes damn close. Excellent.

Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"

What can be said about this album that hasn't been said already? Believe the hype, this album rules.

Envy "Recitation"

This album is easily Envy's finest work. It's atmospheric, emotional, and breathtaking. It's large in scope and masterfully executed, and displays Envy at the top of their game. Their screamo and post-rock blend has reached perfection.