Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of the year 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #61 (permalink)
Fruitonica
Pale and Wan

My musical exploration has slowed down this year, I haven't been hanging around MB as much. Also I've been catching up on some older stuff (I wish I could vote for Midnight Organ Fight). So I didn't really get to hear a lot of the things this year had to offer. Nevertheless, I'll submit these for now and hopefully a few others will come to mind.

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code

This by far for best of the year, I can't get tired of it. Dessa has a perfectly nimble flow that can inject snatches of melody into breakneck rapping, and her singing voice makes great hooks. Her lyrics are contemplative, elegant and gripping (perhaps a bit moody for some, but I'm enough of an angsty teen to like them). The production is varied and constantly interesting.
My only complaint is that there aren't any epic verses, everything is a little neatly trimmed.

The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea

I don't often listen to techno, but their remix of Red Dress by TVotR caught my attention and this album is fantastic. Pounding, atmospheric, funky.

Gonjasufi - A Sufi and a Killer

Gaslampkiller's warped, lo-fi psychedelia production is what makes this such a great album, but Sufi's cracked, scratchy voice draws you in with its vulnerability.
Fruitonica is offline   Reply With Quote