Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of the year 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Due to hitting senior year of engineering school, my time for music and particularly this site has disappeared, but I thought I'd weigh in anyways.

A Place to Bury Strangers - Exploding Head
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. At first I thought it was just ok, not quite as good as their debut, but after a few more listens I was sold. The last four songs make up possibly the most incredible stretch of an album ever. I mean, just effing listen:

Now go DL this.

I really, really enjoyed Mogwai's live album that came out, but idk if that really counts. Someone mentioned Autolux's Transit Transit in here and I have to say that that was probably my letdown of 2010 :/

Also, this sounds awesome, I can't wait to DL it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post

5. Alcest - Écailles de Lune
A seriously epic album. It's not quite as good as 2007's incredible Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde but it is truly an amazing album. What i really love about this album is the atmosphere, the music certainly lives up to it's awesome album cover. The combination of quiet instrumental passages, heavy guitars, hushed vocals, and haunting black metal screams make this album and amzing listening experience.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote