Music Banter - View Single Post - Mating & Ethnicity; Where do your preferences lie?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #32 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
Or Ireland for that manner.
Maybe in Galway, definitely not in Dublin: any sense of zeal and religiousness has gone right down the drain in the last few decades. There are still devout believers, but they're much more tolerant by necessity. I sang in a church choir for 2 years where there were at least 5 of us (of about 20 people) who didn't take communion, noone ever made anything of it. In that same parish, you saw mixed race couples quite a lot.

I suppose you could put a lot of the tolerance down to a reduced hold of religion on society, but the effect is that for most people, there's no problems with that sorta stuff anymore.

Regarding dating someone religious: I've done it, kinda. I have no problems with someone believing in something, so long as they can back up their beliefs (which is my opinion with any point of view). Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, I won't be annoyed by it unless they try to convert me to their view, and I won't question it unless they haven't put any thought into why they believe what they do.

btw: s_k, if you're not sure what people are going on about, I'm sure most people will be happy to give a shortened explanation if it's going over your head!

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote