Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 50 albums of TheFolkslave
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

35. Isis - Panopticon (2004)

Genre: Post-metal

Isis was a post-metal pioneer founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1997 and later relocating to Los Angeles.
Isis' early music was deeply rooted in hardcore and metal but their 2002 released album Oceanic the music had started to include elements of post-rock and ambient. This change in style helped in creating the whole genre of post-metal.
In 2004 Isis released Panopticon which saw them dwell deeper into the post-rockish ambient sound.
Unfortunately in 2010 Isis decided to break up.

I remember when I bought Panopticon from a record store while visiting in Helsinki few years ago. I had only heard a few songs from Isis and wasn't a big fan but for some reason I really wanted to buy the album when I found it in the record store. When I got home I listened to it for the first time and fell in love with it. Isis is one of the bands that I really respect and Im sad that they broke up before I had the chance to see them live. Well stupid me for not going to see them the last time they were here, but back then I didn't know they were going to break up only few months later.

Track listing:

1. So Did We
2. Backlit
3. In Fiction
4. Wills Dissolve
5. Syndic Calls
6. Altered Course
7. Grinning Mouth

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote