Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #190 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
All in all, I guess now he (and everyone else) knows where we draw the line.
I want to emphasize this point, but it may be in a different context than Duga intended.

While some members may manage to get in trouble all by themselves, I've been here long enough to notice that there are folks who tend to push others into reacting negatively, whether they realize it or not. New members that join this community don't know the dynamic here and often times they'll react when they feel cornered or challenged. To me, the result of such a scenario is not entirely the fault of the noob. While some may say "well if he can't deal and adapt, then he doesn't belong here", the fact of the matter is everyone should be given a chance to be a part of the community in a positive way. People are going to mess up, but our job as mods is to deal with that and give those people opportunities to correct themselves. I think I can speak on behalf of all the other mods in saying that while we don't expect everyone to like everyone here, we do ask that you give these people the opportunity to learn how this community flows and afford them the same chances to learn from mistakes that you'd afford yourself.
If certain members don't want to do that, then they are asked to simply leave the person alone.