Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 AM   #211 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
What he had said and been told to stop prior to the picture was vulgar and sometimes graphic, and it made the people who were the butt of the joke uncomfortable.
I feel this is the most important point about the situation: Dirty made the person feel uncomfortable. He didn't have consent to treat her that way.

I saw Dirty make the verbal joke about the photoshopping in of an object into a person's mouth. If he and the person had been in agreement that this sexualization were humorous for both of them, then this situation would be similar to many on MB. Since there was no such established rapport, I agree Dirty's picture manipulation wasn't appropriate. (I still like Dirty, though; bannings don't mean a person is "bad.")

I've posted my naked David sculpture several times on MB. Since I'm still here, I conclude either people like fine art, or right-track doesn't mind the taunting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
My best guess is he got banned for photoshopping a hotdog into a picture of one of the younger female members, despite being warned to tone down the sexuality a number of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Obviously the hot dog post has been removed so noone can see what it was but that kind of stuff is really disgusting and I think he deserves to be banned...
Yep yep. Images of people eating meat SHOULD be banned.

At last! MusicBanter has been converted. My work here is done.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"