Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #219 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

He was making a habit of making very crude, sexual comments and jokes around the forum. He may believe that people were taking things too seriously, you may believe that people were taking things too seriously but the fact is some people WERE offended or made to feel uncomfortable because of his behaviour and therefore he was asked to cool it down. I dont think thats too unreasonable, do you?

He was warned three or four times by three different mods at least to calm down and that his behaviour was unacceptable, including just a day before he was banned, and his response is to make yet another sexual remark, this time to a sixteen year old girl? He obviously feels it was made in good humour or something or that we are taking too seriously but given her age, the fact he does not know her well (or i assume) and the fact he was warned about this exact kind of thing numerous times already warrants his ban, in my opinion.

Every ban around here seems to result in a backlash now, but please keep in mind that the chances are you don't know the full story. Nobody is banned without reason. Plus he's only gone for a couple of weeks!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust