Music Banter - View Single Post - Badlittlekitten's top 50 indie/alternative tracks of this century so far.
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Badlittlekitten
And then there was music

Feist - 1234
The Reminder

Yet another romance number. Boring I know, but Feist's take on the 'Can't Buy Me Love' theme is still lovely, despite it's appearance in certain commercials. The vocals are cute without being saccharine and Feist tackles the lyrics with more than enough conviction to make me forget about portable jukeboxes. The moment of the track is almost blink and you'll miss it, as at 2:06, the piano plays some jaunty lines that act as the catalyst of making the track into something more uplifting as it draws to a close.

The Futureheads - Meantime
The Futureheads

"I wasn't laughing properly, when you were talking to me. I didn't find it funny
Your story didn't do it for me. And you thought that I was joking. I said you were a moron. When I said it I was smiling, so you'd think that I was joking"
Amidst all this romance, The Futurehead's questions about the mundane and pointless aspects of everyday conversation are refreshing. The Sunderland quartet yodel on by with their candy caned take on Gang of Four style sharp edges, and it's luminescent and makes me grin. I'd like this song more if it had one more 'false conversations' verse before the end, but in the meantime (see what I did there?) this hits all the right pop punk buttons.

h

https://soundcloud.com/bad-little-kittens
My Top 100 LPs
My Top 52 Indie Tracks Of The 21st Century (incomplete)
Badlittlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote