Music Banter - View Single Post - Top albums you discovered this year that aren't from 2010
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
Charlemagne
Say something vague

Round 2:

Suis La Lune- Quiet Pull The Strings (2006)
A really gorgeous, emotional album, goes from relaxed to chaotic in such a seamless way between tracks, one of my favorite discoveries of my screamo search.

Kind Of Like Spitting- The Thrill Of The Hunt (2006)
Ben Barnett is performing as Blunt Mechanic now, but the majority and his best stuff is under this moniker. I have come to think of him as a better Conor Oberst, simple singer-songwriter emo, but with more wit and less whine.

Hop Along, Queen Ansleis- Freshman Year (2005)
Frances Quinlan has since shortened the name to just Hop Along but this has to be one of the most creative albums I've heard in a long time. It's brilliant lyrically, sung in such varied interesting styles and uses unique instrumentation, it's hard to describe the perfection of this album.

Gaslight Anthem- The '59 Sound (2008)
I avoided this album for 2 years and after I heard it for the first time I had no idea why I did. They have such a classic sound and a way for putting together great anthem songs that are fun to sing along to.

Madeline Ava- Songs I'm Too Nervous To Sing For My Mom (2009)
It's just fun, cute ukulele pop with quirky lyrics about puns and growing up, there's nothing much to say about it, you just listen and be charmed.

My Last.fm
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote