Music Banter - View Single Post - Top albums you discovered this year that aren't from 2010
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
Sljslj
The Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That's what's so fascinating to me about them, how much they've changed from album to album. I can't think of too many bands who have changed so much over the course of their career. I just got a hold of In the Kingdom of Kitsch You Will Be a Monster and Sweet Shanghai Devil last night and am really looking forward to both. Where the Ragged People Go seems to be kind of hard to find though, unfortunately.
I'm jealous. I listen to 99% of my music online, and I can't find Sweet Shanghai Devil anywhere. I really wanna hear this album. I feel like I'm missing an important piece of a puzzle without this album. Oh well, I'm sure I'll hear it one day.

As for how much they change from album to album, that's what attracted me to their music in the first place. I'd listened to Blackjazz when it first came out and was hooked immediately, so I went and checked out their debut. My first thought upon listening to Where the Ragged People Go was "I must've made a mistake, there's no way this is the same band". I don't need to tell you that it's a big step from that album to Blackjazz, and the fact that they're only 9 or so years apart makes that leap all the bigger. It's as if they're not comfortable just keeping with one style and I love that in a band. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Last edited by Sljslj; 12-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Sljslj is offline   Reply With Quote