Music Banter - View Single Post - MF DOOM vs. Del tha Funkee Homosapien
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Del has put out a few mediocre albums over the last two years, Eleventh Hour (2008), Funkman (2009), Automatik Statik (2009), and It Ain't Illegal Yet (2010). So far the only two I've heard have been Eleventh Hour and Funkman and neither of them really wowed me in any way. There were a few decent tracks buried under a mountain of filler ones and it doesn't come within spunking distance of his earlier career stuff. Funkman was a free release and I'm pretty sure Automatik Statik was one too, but don't quote me on that. That said though Doom hasn't really wowed me since The Mouse and the Mask (2006) came out, his stuff was been pretty mediocre when compared to his earlier stuff.
This is true. Funk Man was just plain free. Automatik Statik was name-your-price (so free, if you wanted). It A'int Illegal Yet was for purchase I believe. And he has a new album about to drop at the beginning of '11. I feel like Del went on such a hiatus from his solo works he wasn't sure what to do. So he just made tracks for fun. These beats almost nobody would steal, and Del makes it so biters can't copy his style/flow/words. Get It Right Now from Funk Man is a new concert pleaser, with the backbeat of a car alarm. It's almost like a practice CD. I would say that Del has been releasing 'personal' albums lately to get back in the groove and find his new place.

3030, Second Event will be out in '11 as well. Fairly certain...

DOOM's 2009 album was aight, with Gazillion Ear. That's all I took from that album really.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote