Music Banter - View Single Post - Your life isn't that bad
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Beor Uaine
The System Has Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Also, the point of my post was to say that he's entitled to as much of an opinion as you are, as you said this is a "sheltered environment" where someone shouldn't be "criticized for their personality, tastes ect." So if you want to have your opinions respected, you have to show that same respect to other people as well. If vaporak is wrong then you should correct him by showing him your side of things in a respectful way. Last I checked, calling someone a "preppy little poon" wasn't the best way of explaining your point of view.

He's entitled to his opinion, but he doesn't have to give his opinion in a rude way. He was being a prick with that statement. I know he didn't direct this comment at anyone in particular. No one should be treated like sh*t, this is supposed to be a website where we come to talk about music, not a site where we talk about our problems. If people want to share personal info, that's fine with me, but you shouldn't make fun of their problems either.
Life is hard enough, its even harder when you feel isolated and disconnected.

Vapor deserved a wise-ass comment back. Treat people the way you want to be treated. He's probably one of Emo's hence men. You don't come onto a message board with a comment like that and expect to be respected. That was a wise-ass comment IMO. I belong to other message boards where this is not tolerated. If you make a comment to piss off other people, you're a banned. Its as simple as that.