Music Banter - View Single Post - Crimes Against Music
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #105 (permalink)
Husky McDump
No Shirt

I don't agree with anyone saying that radio is a crime against music. In its purest form, publicly funded radio, allows local and national artists on the rise to get their music out there and supply music with out commercials (or very, very limited commercials). But one thing that is terrible about 98% of radio stations out there is that their playlists are controlled by corporations. Overplayed music stems from media-uppities trying to shove their dividend payments, stock prices, and their annual bonus down the nation/world's throat. The media-kings have a bias...their wallets. Most people that I know are not like the MB community, those that are looking for a greater fulfillment out of music than just passively listening to songs while you're on your drive to work and just happen to catch 4 or 5 words out of the chorus. And to the average music listener they would (or at least I would assume) like whatever they hear on a regular basis on main-stream radio. I think that corporate playlists are a major contributor to terrible tastes in music and if they didn't exist I think that the music world would be so much better than its present state.