Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts on albums I listened to today
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

Blur-Leisure

Boring. I don't really like it but I only listened to about a third of it. I'm trying to give Blur another chance because I really like the Gorillaz and had only heard Modern Life is Rubbish but this seems to be pretty much the same. Crappy. I think I'd like "Parklife" because I love all of the singles from it and it seems like the album where Damon removed his head from his ass. Maybe I'll download that if the rest doesn't put me off too much.

Nirvana-Nevermind

Hooky. I like Mudhoney better but this album had no bad tracks, no weak spots, no crap at all. So much better then Insecticide.

Hole-Pretty on the Inside

Dear god, what an ugly fucking cover. I love this album. I like Hole way better then Nirvana even though almost all of Hole sounds the same. Opener track, "Teenage Whore" is the best track on the album, its just a big noisy "splat" with one hell of a guitar riff.

Lightning Bolt-Hypermagic Mountain

Different from my standard noise. 10/10 when I'm in the mood for it. How the hell do you describe Lightning Bolt? I can't do it.

Big Black-Atomizer

Old steady. How I love thee. The last 4 tracks on this album are probably the only 4 Big Black songs that I don't better then my own thoughts. They kind of blend together. Songs about Fucking gets all the hype but Atomizer is probably better. Excellent lyrics. Subjects covered range from child abuse to anal fisting to racism to killing cows.

Stare at each other and wait 'till we die..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote