Music Banter - View Single Post - Any other anarchists on here?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Dotoar
Supernatural anaesthetist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I have a problem with living in a society where the government prints paper with numbers on it and then designs it so you can't live without that paper. It makes us all slaves.
I too have a problem with the government printing money out of thin air when it should be based on real value. Imagine that!

Quote:
The private automobile is designed to make sure the super rich get a huge portion of a the workingman's income. The average person is forced to own a car because the auto industry and big oil don't allow for any kind of reasonable alternative to exist. It's so obvious that the private automobile is a tool of oppression against the poor I feel sad that there are people who can't see that.
Do you really believe the things you're saying? Cars are far from the only option when it comes to transportations. I somewhat agree to the fact that oil companies are interested in keeping their market share and thus the biggest ones may be able to gain special advantages from governments through lobbyism, a thing that would not be had we lived in a thoroughly capitalist society where the government doesn't interfere with the economy and no particular interests are getting privileges.

However, you cannot seriously claim that the fact that some people own cars opresses the ones who don't, can you? Imagine two persons, A and B, living 3 km. from the nearest grocery store. A has a car, B doesn't. A takes the car to the store and B walks there. How is B hindered by A?

Do you have a microwave oven by the way?

Quote:
Because if you walk where he's driving you'll be killed. It's insane. We only accept it because it's all we know. Not to mention that CO2 emmisions are helping to make this world unlivable for human beings.
It is indeed insane to walk where he's driving, so why would you? You could as well put it the other way and say that the one who walks in the way of the car is hindering the driver, thus the concept of walking is oppresive on car owners. Is it applicable to bikes as well? Trains? Wheelchairs?