Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I think there is still a sense of females being unconfident in the workplace around men. There is still strong elements of sexual misconduct where men think they can talk and behave the way they want around women. I think this needs to be addressed. Women get told off for wearing to little or too much at work. What happened to the freedom to look the way you want?
I can only speak for my own country, but over here in my experience and in the experience of other people I've talked to it's women who are most likely to be throwing around inappropriate sexual remarks and whatnot in the workplace. Over the past couple decades sexual harassment rules have been hammered into men's heads pretty hard, it's women who generally haven't gotten the message, or at least think that it doesn't apply to them.

As far as workplace dress codes being some kind of feminist issue, if you think about it, that's really a pretty funny suggestion. Women have so much more freedom than men with what they wear around an office, if anyone should be complaining about it, it's men.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote