Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
And now I pass on another rec, for Zero1986:

Holly Miranda - The Magician's Private Library

I know you enjoy quite a lot of dream pop, and this is a lovely album that takes a lot of cues and I think you'll enjoy.
Thanks for this one i really enjoyed it. When i listened to the first track it sounded a little bit like Cocteau Twins gone twee, but as the next track came on the album turned into something a little bit different. One description that came into my head as i was listening to it is that she sounds a bit like Tegan and Sara lost in a dark forest with Beach House. It sounds a bit dark and twisted in places and has a nice dreamy feel to it. I'm very impressed by her vocals, they sound really gorgeous and captivating. Also looking at pictures of her, she is seriously gorgeous.

I sent this album to duga:

Adorable - Against Perfection (1993)

We both have a very similar taste in music and i've really been enjoying this album lately so i thought you might like it as well. This band were initially lumped in with shoegaze in the early 90's but they pretty much broke the mold with this album, their strong songwriting abilities and memorable tunes distanced themselves somewhat from their peers. Their record label Creation however didn't bother much with them and crippled the band's commercial potential.