Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise_Days View Post
bob., I'm sending you this...

It's the sound of a man rhyming over machines weeping... It gets more awesome as it goes on.

Dalek - Absence (Ipecac, 2005)

this album went above and beyond all expectations....and what's funny is i've actually had it on my hard drive for quite a while now due to a recommendation from Dr. Seussicide....but for some obviously stupid reason i never listened to it

what a perfect mixture of experimental beats, noise, hip-hop, and even some drone or ambient sections.....the mc is incredible....as are the lyrics....i have to look into more from all of them

thank you so much Turquoise_Days for the kick in the pants ....this was a perfect beginning to the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You were definitely right, I love this album. While I was listening to it I couldn't remember which bands the members were from but the description that entered my mind was "an artsier Unsane". Now looking at who is in the band I can certainly see why it would sound that way. Truly great getting shit done music and I love the longer, more atmospheric final track as well. Thanks bob!
glad you enjoyed it....it's such a great mixture of that gritty sound that Chris Specer is so good at mixed with exception musicians and a fuller sound.....i think they may have completely called it quits....i know Cutthroats 9 is on tour right now and from what i understand Unsane is writing an new full length album....i wish i could have caught them live..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
I have finally decided what to send to Jackhammer (thanks again for Jazzmatazz, I loved it). You listen to almost everything, but I've noticed there aren't many early Industrial acts on your last.fm (of the noisy kind like Throbbing Gristle). So I'm sending you:

Monte Cazazza - The Worst of Monte Cazazza

This is a compilation album from this very important eccentric figure of the early Industrial. It's been said he was the one who coined the term with his famous line: "Industrial music for industrial people". He's from San Fransisco, but he found like minded people in Throbbing Gristle in the late 70s. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it. The album opens with Psychiatric Review....yeah
classic
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote