Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Fusion Album Club
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #100 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by philster View Post
Hei guys,

Thanks for all the great suggestions above. I, as a newbie to both prog and fusion, wonder about bands with female singers or musicians. Does anybody have a suggestion regarding that? Maybe it's also possible to compile polls with topics, e.g. collect four or five albums with female singers, or from a certain year, or from a certain band/musician, with/without vocalist....
Something which might appeal is Iranian band Sheshet. I posted a video of them yesterday in the Gazeuse! thread which is probably why they come to mind so quickly now, but their self-titled from 1977 is gorgeous. As so much prog, it was brought to my attention by Anteater and I figure it would be an interesting homework album for our club as well.

The video I posted yesterday was Fall Nights :

Gorgeous album! She doesn't sing on every track, though.

The idea to do specific themes might be interesting. So far, we've actually been quite Canterbury themed. I'd like to see what others think of things. Personally, I would like to get some more classics done as I'm hoping they might recruit some more people to our album club. I might also like to do a Caravan album as there's a brilliant discography thread being written by newcomer Dotoar these days

http://www.musicbanter.com/album-rev...-reviewed.html