Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Metal Band Ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #618 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I call 'em like I see 'em.
Then I guess you have a mighty odd understanding of what trolling is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
It's been very fun and lighthearted, seeing as how I've laughed my ass off at almost every post you've made in this thread. I don't know why you think I'm taking this so 'super cereal' or getting butt hurt about it. I could care less at the end of the day if you hate Pantera, I just think an accusing a widely respected metal band (not just by their "rabid" fans either) of being one of the worst bands in the history of the genre should be backed by a little more than "they suck, trust me, I'm old..."

This has been a great discussion up to this point, I don't want you to think I'm fuming over here. It's not like I'm some "rabid" Pantera fan...
Good, I'm glad you're not taking it as seriously as it sounded in your last post.

If you take a look at what I've actually written in response to your comments, you'll see it's more than "they suck, trust me, I'm old". I only mentioned my age once and for a very specific reason, for one thing, and I think I've made it pretty clear what it is that I don't like about Pantera: I don't feel that they brought anything new to the table, I don't feel that what they did was done in an interesting way, and I find their influence on metal to be negligible. Honestly I can't think of a single good metal band from now or from back in the 90s that displays a very strong Pantera influence.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote