Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #238 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
This is probably my first proper industrial album, and it wasn't too far from what I expected of the genre, but wasn't as heavy as I'd been lead to believe. Headhunter is a great track, as is Work (particularly liked the telephone there) and I did enjoy this album, although the textures didn't vary as much from song to song as I'd like. Good recommendation, thank you.
i'm glad you could at least get into it....Headhunter i think is probably their biggest hit...and for good reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
If you have any interest in delving more into industrial music it should be mentioned that Front 242 aren't proper industrial, they're EBM. If you want to check out true, straight up industrial give a listen to someone like Einstürzende Neubauten or Throbbing Gristle.
in all honesty he's right....not exactly the perfect introduction to the genre....but still an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
Out of interest, what would your mix look like if you were to follow the same concept?
here is mine starting with Confusion is Sex and ending with Rather Ripped...i don't actually own The Eternal :/
Spoiler for bob's Sonic Youth Mix:
Inhuman
Hallowe'en
Expressway To Your Skull
Pipeline/Kill Time
Eric's Trip
Tunic (A Song For Karen) r.i.p.
Wish Fulfillment
Self Obsessed and Sexxee
Junkie's Promise
French Tickler
NYC Ghosts and Flowers
Karen Revisited
Pattern Recognition
Rats

wow it's pretty obvious who my favorite member is....most of these are Lee tracks
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote