Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #2270 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That is weird. I'm also shocked by the revelation that you smoke.
Meh...I'm definitely a closet smoker. I smoked daily for 13 years and quit cold turkey on my 30th birthday. I went a few years without smoking, then would occasionally have one with my ex when we were really drunk. Which wasn't often, so that was cool. Then we split a year ago and I started going out more, so the bad habit resurfaced. Luckily you can't smoke inside any place in Seattle, and not many people I know smoke so that's good. I got in the habit of smoking each time I went out, then it turned into a one a day habit, regardless of whether I went out or not. I smoked a lot during my 2-week vacation in Houston for Christmas, and decided I had better quit entirely for new year's. I at least went a few days without, but decided maybe it's ok to have just one on nights I drink. It's really not, but at least I've stopped having them on nights that I don't go out. Sorry for the long story, I'm sure you didn't need to know that much.

The Shins - "Girl Sailor" (Wincing the Night Away)

I really love The Shins, I don't care what anyone thinks. I fell in love with them when their debut album came out, it was magical to me - lyrically and musically. Maybe it's because I'm a giant pussy. But whatever the reason, they do something right.