Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #293 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post

EDIT: bob I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this, but I did. It reminds me of Editors and post-punk revival bands like that, I never really listened to Joy Division or any of that New Wave stuff, but this seems much more modern, which I enjoy. Then I saw this album was from 15 years ago and was even more impressed. So thank you!
i guess i kind of did elude to it sounding like Joy Division....sorry they really sound nothing like Joy Division....except the vocals are similar....i'm glad you dig them....they are one of those forgotten gems from the 'K' and 'Up!' records....i'm honestly surprised that more people don't check them out simply due to their ties with Modest Mouse.....

i had a bvit of trouble with the link you gave me....it downloaded fine but for some reason my computer did not want to "unzip" the entire album....it kept stopping at track 7....i found another copy that worked fine and will start listening to it.....thanks again for this....i've seen the name numerous times here and have been curious

for rammetal7:

The Cramps - Smell Of Female

you love metal, seem to enjoy great classic rock....and have explored punk and alternative rock....so here is some great roots music....i honestly cannot describe The Cramps....except to say that what they do is perfect for what it is....and this album (their 3rd i believe) is an absolute testament to their perfection....enjoy

for FaSho:

Current 93 & Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson (HÖH) - Island

just reading all of your journals....and many of your posts throughout the years....i honestly think you may have not heard anything quite like this....and that you will enjoy it....Current 93 is a neofolk band from England who mainly consists of one man...David Tibet....Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson is from Iceland and has been in many bands included the influence Icelandic band 'Þeyr', Psychic TV, and The Halfer trio....as well as working with such artists as Sigur Rós and Steindór Andersen ....as well as composing music for many films

enjoy
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote