Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you still buy physical albums?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #152 (permalink)
BananaPhish
Groupie

Hrmmm, well I buy CD's when I have money. Lets put it that way, I like having a hard copy of music. I can tell you every single CD I have just about, give or take a few. No idea with my MP3's. I mean I keep my computer library very organized, to the point I might almost say I'm anal about it. Just there is no real registration that I have an album when I download it and listen to it once and move on.

Also, I don't own any speakers or cd players, just a laptop. So all those CDs are getting ripped anyways, I'm just weird about encoding I like to have all my music in FLAC and then transfer it to MP3 for portable use. Not that it makes a difference though, since joining this forum I've been more interested in the music than about whether or not its encoded correctly.

But yeah the real reason I want to buy hard copies though, is that I do eventually plan on getting a nice rig to play them on at some point. Once I scape together 2 grand or so...lol. Maybe some vinyl as well , oh yeah that sounds sweet haha.
BananaPhish is offline   Reply With Quote