Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid musical statements that you can't fathom
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #229 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonblues View Post
Lots of self-taught guitarists use their thumb to fret the low e string, especially for bar chords. Pretty sure Clapton does it alot, I know he does for the acoustic version of Layla

So anyway, here's mine. I'm riding shotgun with this girl. She puts it on an absolutely horrendous pop-country station so I start looking through the CD's in the car. I find a couple ****ty rap CDs (T.I. I think) and a whole lot of ****ty country, i.e. Rascall Flats, Big & Rich, etc. Finally stumble across a Bob Dylan greatest hits CD
Me: Hey do you mind if we listen to this CD? This other stuff isn't really my cup of tea
Her: Ugh. Can you pick a different one? My friend gave me that to listen to, its not mine. Its just a ****ty version of country, you would hate it if you don't like this.
Me: (stunned at this point but trying to be polite) I've heard his music before, I actually like it. Maybe you just haven't given it a chance. (I put it on "Positively 4th Street." Bob gets through "you got a lot of nerve..." and she ejects the cd)
Her: Wow, its worse than I remembered. You know, you shouldn't be so open about your tastes if your gonna listen to such weird music. Girls will think your creepy if you try to play stuff like that around them
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote