Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Fusion Album Club
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #106 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Smile

Thanks for incorporating my suggestion into the poll so quickly, tore !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
For the future, I've finally found out how to reset a poll, so now I can do one of two things. Either, I will keep one poll thread for doing homework polls or I will do homework polls in this thread. So .. how should I do it?

Poll in it's own thread
Pro : The poll thread is less cluttered with discussion not related to the poll and album info can always be found in the first post.
Con : We clutter the prog forum with a poll thread.

Poll in this thread
Pro : We don't clutter the forum with a poll thread anymore.
Con : There can be discussion and posts not related to the poll. Album information related to the poll options may be slightly harder to find as it's not in the thread's first post.

Whatcha think?
As a happy PFAC member, I like the convenience of having the weekly poll clear and separate, although I don`t want us to be selfishly clogging up the prog forum.
As I understand it, the Poll-in-its-own-thread option means there`ll always be three threads in the forum : 1. the general PFAC thread, 2. the poll thread and 3. the chosen album of the week thread.

Is the prog forum full of members fighting to squeeze their different threads onto the first page ? That`s not the impression I get, so my vote would be to maintain a distinct poll thread. After all, is one extra thread really that much clutter?

Well, that`s just my initial reaction, tore, but how do you feel? Which option is easier or preferential to you ?
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote