Music Banter - View Single Post - The Unbearable Idiocy of Pop Music Elitism
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Well, the issue is not whether the Beatles are overrated or not. It's the concept that apparently people who like the Beatles, and criticize Lady Gaga are somehow hypocrites. I find it utterly ludicrous seeing as how The Beatles were around for 10 years, and continually progressed their sounds. Yes, there's people who did it better, and yes they are overaccredited.

Now, the respect for the Beatles comes from the fact they did not skate along, and do the same old **** year after year. You don't have to like the way they sound, but you have to admit, at least they were trying. Unlike Lady Gaga who basically obviously doesn't give a ****, and just likes having money. The Beatles were trying at least. The could have continually wrote songs that were nothing but "Girl! You are my girl, girl!", and been on their way. But they chose to at least attempt to break that mold just a little which COULD have led to commercial disaster, but they chose not to. That's why I think above today's poppy bull**** they deserve a tad bit of credit.

10 years active, and constantly attempting to keep at the cutting edge, and I'd say they were damn good at it compared with bands like Metallica who tried to keep up with the times, and failed miserably.

So, the issue is not liking them, not respecting them, it's admitting they were at least just a tad bit more than the Biebar's, and Perry's of the world. I think they deserve at least that.
Why did you start off talking about Lady Gaga and end up talking about Justin Bieber? It's apples and oranges IMO.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote