Music Banter - View Single Post - Epic Song Moments
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Default Moments in Songs that Stand Out

Pretty broad and difficult question to answer, I know. But what certain parts of songs really stand out to you? It can be a 2 minute bridge, a transition, a sick lyrical verse, a guitar solo or riff, whatever. Here are some of mine:

Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line: Roy Orbison's verse. Gives me chills every time. (1:40)

Pixies - The Happening: The backing vocals from the chorus and Black's monotone voice come together perfectly. (3:08)

Arcade Fire - The Well and the Lighthouse: Such an epic ending, which AF are known for. (2:21)

Matthew Good - Near Fantastica: One of my favourite intros to any song. (0:00)

Radiohead - In Limbo: You're almost overwhelemed when everything hits you at the start. (0:08)

Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills and Far Away: Great guitar solo, but more specifically there's something I love about the way it transitions back. (2:32; 3:07)

Nas - Halftime: The second verse is probably the best I've ever heard. (1:18)

Beatles - Happiness is a Warm Gun: I don't like the first half of the song at all, but once it transitions I always find myself singing along every time. (1:35)

Nine Inch Nails - A Warm Place: Beautiful song. (2:21)

Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon: If you see them live in Toronto for this part it's even better. (2:03-2:27).
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote