Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends and families reactions to your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
bonesaw-orchestra
Music Addict

I find Daisy by Brand New to be utterly refreshing from their previous work. I like each of their albums in different ways.. they tried a lot of different things in Daisy. Sounds good man.

My friends and I share the same kind of.. "listen to whatever genre we feel like at the time," thing, so I don't have any real negative reactions from them. My previous ex used to listen to ONLY rap/hip hop and it got really annoying to me because he is so closed minded towards any other genre. After we broke up, I began enjoying hip hop a lot but I kept a good mix of other things.. He's the one who turned me on to the Roots, Big Boi, a Tribe Called Quest and hiphopdx.com for the mixtapes..

Oh and my mom has begun humming along to Wu and Notorious tracks in the car haha.. and she's always down for hearing random tidbits of info on certain bands. My dad is the person who got me into classic rock.. and my older brothers always had band practice at our house and invited me to shows, so I appreciate punk/rock and grew up to local bands and stuff like the Distillers, NOFX, Sublime, the Decedents, Bad Religion, System of a Down etc. Now my little brother takes my music and I hear him rocking out to Metallica and Slipknot. We're raising a rocker
bonesaw-orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote