Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #352 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post

Know-it-all.
i know right? :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
For bob and dankrsta...

Truart—Volksstrum

Hopefully neither of you have this already but I think it's something you'd both really like. Truart is a one man Ukrainian band featuring heavy martial beats, odd samples, noise and... accordion. There's definitely a strong industrial/neo-folk influence on this album, which is why it made me think of you two. Anyway, I hope you like it.
it's kind of weird that you would send me this at this time....i've been working on a follow up to my neofolk post in "the beginners guide" thread....concentrating on Martial Industrial....and i've run into a bit of a snag....namely the fact that all of the bands that basically fall into that genre basically sound exactly the same!....this however really brings an freshness to it while still sticking to the basic idea....i love the playfulness that he brings to the music and the fact that it is rather upbeat instead of being consistently dreary....i love the accordion and flute?...it might actually be a recorder....it's interesting that no label has picked this guy up....or maybe he just really likes the diy ethic.....every track on here is really good but if i had to choose a favorite i would probably go with the opening track "Sky Over The Berlin"....great album man.....thank you
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote