Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Sounds fun!

0-7: I listened to whatever was on the radio pretty much, but enjoyed New Age music. I always loved it when the Pure Moods commercials came on. I especially liked Native American music and owned an album from Cusco, 2 from Sacred Spirits, and a few other ones that weren't tied to any one artist.

8-10: Started to listen to what my brother Matt listened to, which consisted of Counting Crows, Deftones, System of a Down, Dave Matthews Band, Eminem, and Tupac. All of that, in addition to still liking Native American music, along with my budding interest in Electronic music. When I was 9 I heard this track, and really started me in the direction of all things Electronic.

11-14: Still enjoyed all the stuff I got from my brother, but started to lose interest in New Age material. I started to listen to more metal. As I Lay Dying, Mudvayne (only really liked L.D. 50), The Black Dahlia Murder, etc. Started to REALLY get into Trance music, and pretty much enjoyed everything I heard.

15-18: Still listened to metal and the stuff from when I was younger, and began to appreciate New Age stuff again. I had a fateful encounter with Black Metal, and we were smitten. I sort of gave up on most of the other stuff I had, except for Toxicity and L.D. 50. I started to branch out from Trance and began to listen to Progressive House and Hardstyle.

19-now: Still enjoy most of the stuff from when I was younger, but I'm more picky. In the last year or so my tastes exploded. In addition to New Age, Black Metal, and Electronic music, I've begun to delve into Hip Hop, Post Rock, Modern Classical, Ambient, and any sort of weird oddities I end up finding.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote