Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

0-12 top 40 radio and alternative rock station every now and then. Also a lot of easy listening from my mother. Sting, Moody Blues, Rod Stewart.

12-16 I went into my rock stage of my life during this time. My first cassette I got was a red hot chili peppers album Blood Sugar Sex Magik, IIRC. When I was able to buy my own cassettes my first purchase was Green Day's Dookie. I swear I wore that tape out. I would listen to some hip hop every now and then from mtv but it was mostly alt rock that I was playing. I would get songs from the alt rock radio station I was listening to and make my own mix tapes. ahh the memories or recording a radio station on a cassette.

16-22 i was too busy with graduating from high school and getting ready to go into the Navy that I lost track of the music world for a bit and went back to listening to top 40 radio only. I did have a special place in my heart for nu metal though. Linkin' Park, P.O.D. , Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Saliva, etc. While I was in the navy I was oblivious to the whole entertainment industry. I had no idea what music, movies or tv shows that were coming out or hot at the time.

22-27 At the beginning, I discovered Nightwish and jumped head first into symphonic metal. I picked up lacuna coil along the way, Katatonia, Within Temptation. Oh and my special love for Evanescence. During this time , I had some really good friends giving me some new music that I wouldn't normally listen to. Two bands that I remember vividly is Tiger Army and AFI.
I had more time now to take recommendations and discover music for myself on the interwebs so my taste spread across so many genres. Brand New, Mars Volta, 30 seconds to Mars, Funeral for a friend, 36 crazyfists, Mastodon, Matchbook Romance, Matisyahu, Papoose, Iron Maiden, Rush, Patrick Wolf(thanks to ethan), Weezer, Van Halen, Valient Thorr, The Transplants, Tsunami Bomb, T.I. , Ne-Yo, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Nelly, Soundgarden, The Sounds, Daft Punk, DJ Tiesto, Crossfade, Coheed and Cambria, Avenged Sevenfold, Big and Rich, Dio. Okay I think you get the point, I listen to a lot of genres and I'm very open to new things as long as it sounds good to my ears.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote