Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

0-13 During these years I didn't listen to music that much. Only what was on the radio or the stuff my parents occasionally listened to (so not that much of anything)

13-16 I started to listen to more music. I started to like System of a Down alot and after that I started to listen to alot of metal. Stuff like Opeth, In Flames, Katatonia etc. and also some metalcore stuff. I listened to alot of metal during my teen years actually. It started with more mellow stuff and later I was into more extreme metal like death metal. I also liked to listen to alot of Empyrium which was a German folk metal later neo-folk band. I still love Empyrium alot.
When I was sixteen I started to listen more varied stuff.

17-20 I found post-metal. I really loved Callisto and Cult of Luna (I still do). And because of post-metal I started to listen to alot of post-rock. Post-rock is very dear to my heart (I have my own post-rock band also) I love bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Ef, Sigur Rós, Pg.Lost, Ioseb, A silver Mt.Zion. During this time I also started to like alot of indie stuff. By this time I had also stopped listening to metal since I couldn't really connect to it anymore.

Lately: Right now I'm still really into post-rock (and stuff that in my opinnion goes great with it: ambient, drone etc.) and indie. I've also started to listen to alot of lo-fi, anti-folk and indie-folk. I really love Daniel Johnston, Jeffrey Lewis and stuff like that. DIY lo-fi bedroom projects are also really nice. Oh yeah and I love emo/screamo stuff like Mineral, Suis La Lune, Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) etc.

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote