Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #417 (permalink)
dankrsta

for bob.

Despite our very similar taste I found something that you're not really into - good post-rock. So I'm sending you

Gastr Del Sol - Serpentine Similar (1993)

One of those bands along with Slint and Tortoise that had enormous influence on post-rock. Gastr Del Sol is somehow always neglected in that regard, so I'm sending you their first album, my favorite. Enjoy!

for Urban Hatemonger

So, I've been looking at your last.fm and browsing your RYM and, man, what a collection. You like Factrix? and MX-80 Sound...and Minimal Compact But I didn't see Tuxedomoon, that's what's missing
And one other thing - a couple albums from ex-Yu groups really surprised me like Videosex, Idoli, Teska Industrija. Cool!
So I thought of sending you Tuxedomoon, but I'm pretty sure that's right up your alley, so I've decided to send you something that you don't seem to really listen, but you may like it, since I saw a couple of albums by Six Organs Of Admittance in your collection.

Jackie-O Motherfucker - Liberation (2001)

Freak-folk, psych, drone, space rock, whatever...mind blowing for sure. Hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

for Skaligojurah

Vibracathedral Orchestra - Versatile Arab Chord Chart (2000)

Improvisational, psychedelic collective, kinda similar to the one above, but more droney and spaced out. Start tripping!