Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #418 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFolkslave View Post

Listener - Wooden Heart

Sent this to Charlemagne. This is one of my favorite albums ever. Great talk music indie stuff. The vocals and lyrics are just so emotional well delivered. I hope he likes this. If anyone else wants this just ask
wow....i can honestly say this took me completely by surprise and that i've never heard anything quite like it....the music is nothing that is exactly new but at the same time is done incredibly well especially with the vocal delivery...which is absolutely unique....talk-hop?....i love it....this will stay in rotation here for some time....thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
for bob.

Despite our very similar taste I found something that you're not really into - good post-rock. So I'm sending you

Gastr Del Sol - Serpentine Similar (1993)

One of those bands along with Slint and Tortoise that had enormous influence on post-rock. Gastr Del Sol is somehow always neglected in that regard, so I'm sending you their first album, my favorite. Enjoy!
thanks....i'm going out for a ride here in a few minutes and i'm loading this up

For Urban Hatemonger:

Action Swingers - Decimation Blvd

i spent over an hour looking through your massive collection....and after many decision changes i stuck with this ignored american punk rock classic....although you have lots of stuff kind of like this....nothing quite to this level

basically think Iggy Pop fronting Pussy Galore after a week long binge on bathtub speed and bourbon!

for Rezz:

Pigface - Notes From The Underground

i know you dig the stoner rock....this is thee ultimate drug induced "rock" super band...i think there is something like 34 members on this album including members of Swans, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Red Hot Chili peppers, Throbbing gristle and Dead Kennedys....the result is a well made blissful cacophony!
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote