Music Banter - View Single Post - Bruno Mars...
Thread: Bruno Mars...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Not particularly. I mean ones like "O Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack are interesting... but seriously, are these significant achievements? I'll give say "A Bridge over Troubled Water" a nod, as well as a few others. However, even among these be good albums or not, they aren't the kind that are recognized for years, and years to come.

Ever notice a hard rock, jazz, blues, or any genre like that winning the 'album of the year'? No Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, etc. There is an obvious bias for vocal/studio based music over instrumental music(which sort of pigeonholes them in lesser categories). IE. Grammies is more for the producers than it is for the musicians themselves.

Besides there's a lot of crap ones that won. Especially later on there's ones that seem like they're picked simply for name value: "Unplugged - Eric Clapton", "Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss", etc.

Besides, why are all the Ray Charles, Robert Plant, Bob Dylan, U2, etc. winning post 1990s well past their primes? Feels like a lot of "Yeah, we didn't get around to you the first time so we're going to undercut everything new and interesting to give you a reward now" going on.
Yeah i agree with you, They tend to say, hey we think you deserved this but didn't get around to giving it to you during your hay day so now that you have something new, we will give it to you and shun the newcomers that year.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote