Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #439 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Bob sent me...

Action Swingers - Decimation Blvd.

The first thing I notice about this is the list of related bands which reads like a who's who of my record collection so God knows how this band managed to escape my radar for so long.
The album itself has 14 songs and clocks in at a massive 20 minutes long so at least I knew I wouldn't get bored listening to it.
Musically it falls somewhere between a faster, more grungy version of The Saints & a white Bad Brains which is a pretty good place to be if you're making an album that's trying to appeal to me.
Usually I have 3 rules when it comes to this sort of music..

1. Be abrasive
2. Be sleazy
3. Sound like shit

Thankfully this album has 1 & 3 in spades.

I'd love to tell you what my favourite songs were but in all honesty the whole album was over before I had chance to choose any, and I don't know about you but I'd much rather be left wanting more than get bored halfway through and turn it off.
If I do have once criticism it's that some of the songs sound far too much alike. But as most of them are barely a minute long this can easily be forgiven. it's not the most original album you'll ever hear but as far as i'm concerned give me something with 3 chords and some attitude and originality can go fuck itself.

Overall a very good recommendation
7.5/10

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote