Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:19 AM   #2509 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
Its your opinion about the music bro, not about me. lol. no 'fense taken.
You like vocalists that can actually sing in the classical sense of the word. I'm in the minority but I really don't. I can only think of a couple artists that I listen to that can really sing....I like the screamers, the talk-singers, and the chronically offkey. Its not an issue that you don't, its your personal preference.
If you like the message of the song but don't like the way it sounds....I dunno, do you still listen to it? I wouldn't. No fault of yours if the way the punk genre sounds or Kathleen Hanna's vocal articulation isn't appealing to you.
Oh, I was just saying I like you just to say what you already know because the feeling came over me there a bit. I didn't think you'd take our differences in opinion personally, you-who-has-sucky-taste.

And I don't think we're that different in our overall opinion on voices. I usually don't like classical voices. The voice I hate the most is Celine Dion's. I HATE her singing. I hate her songs. I pretty much hate almost every artistic thing she does!

I *like* non-pretty voices. I *prefer* them.

I just don't like Kathleen Hanna's non-classical voice.

I *do* like Kim Deal's non-classical voice in The Breeders' "CannonBall" song, especially when she shouts a bit. I like her voice because it sounds warm.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 01-29-2011 at 02:29 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote