Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #2519 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
I never tire of hearing the Stones. Here's one from their uncharacteristic 'Satanic Majesties Request' album:

In Another Land - The Rolling Stones

I've never heard that one! Definitely has a dream feel, especially with the snoring!

The song reminds me a bit of "Crimson and Clover," which I've always liked. I remember hearing it on the radio in my room when I was about to set off for college.

For some reason, that moment of listening sticks with me. Oh yes. I remember why: because of the "Crimson" part, which made me think of my destination. I felt a little nervous but also excited about going there and facing a big change in my life. While listening to the song, I also felt nostalgic (in advance) for the very moment I was in. I knew that I wouldn't be spending as many cosy hours holed up in my childhood room painted light blue to look like the sky:

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote