Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid musical statements that you can't fathom
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #345 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Prejudice, yes.
Well I'm pretty much against any form of religion that includes honoring any type of higher 'being'. I'm not saying there's nothing more, but the way it's interpreted by most religious people scares the **** out of me.
But a main difference between Islam and "modern" christianism is the fact that back in the... What was it, 18th century? Christian religions changed. I'm not sure what you call it here. We call it 'verlichting', meaning 'enlightenment'. As far as I know the Islam never had that. Makes quite a big difference. There's no such thing as a 'jihad' for christian religions. There's some idiots trying to convert everything they run into, but as far as I know no holy wars are fought over christianity and as far as I know even the christian extremists aren't that extreme.
In terms of modernization, yes, Christianity is more "modern" than Islam. Yes, there's no jihad in Christianity, but there certainly are extremist Christians. Albeit, they're not Al Queda, but there certainly are some crazy ones. I guess the KKK qualifies as a Christian organization....

You must also remember that Islam was founded 500 years after Christianity, so maybe that's the reason it hasn't achieved what Christianity has. That might just be an excuse, though.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of either religions.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote