Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Avant-garde/Experimental Guitarist(s)
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
I know.

I understand you.

I wasn't setting up a best guitarist ever discussion in your thread, I was entering my opinion that Buckethead is very avant-garde/experimental and I hold him as best of the type.

What I was noting was that he doesn't fare as well in general best guitarist ever discussions against more conventional players, for he is too complex and ... avant-garde. So this is his bread and butter right here...

And if you would like, I could post some examples of how he is the best, in the avant-garde/experimental context at least... I just didn't want to spam a bunch of Buck videos right off the bat...

I'll get some up in a bit, then.

But off the top of my head (top of my bookmarks), here's an example (NSFW):

Yes, I find that very soothing. Not the graphic torture imagery, but the music, mind you. The graphic torture imagery is just kind of but nothing we desensitized humans can't handle, eh?
That song doesn't seem all that avant-garde. It just seems like some thrash metal type. The video was strange, though... reminded me of a show called Metalacolypse or something like that.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote