Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #391 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Light-medium spanking. Man... The way you think about this scares me.
So, did your mother and grandmother got beaten?

Dude, in all seriousness, I think you're a brilliant guy. I really do.
And I know you want the best for everyone. But trust me on this, think twice about getting kids, because the way you will treat them eventually won't be much of a choice.
You're ****ed up for life when it comes to this. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It's in no way your fault.
But this is just the way things go. Exceptions are very, very, VERY rare.
This comes off as incredibly douchey to me. Basically telling someone to not have children because their parents or grandparents beat them. The compliment at the beginning masks it a little bit, but you are really just telling him there is like a 1% chance he won't beat his kids. Dickhead comment in my opinion.

I will spank my children light-medium, which is basically enough for it to just sting a little bit and get the point across. I got spanked, never beaten or hit with anything else, and it was very effective. I feel like the best way to teach a kid morals is by punishment and I don't think physical punishment is bad at all. I think it can definitely be excessive, and I think the hot sauce example is definitely excessive. But light spanking I have absolutely no problem with and I don't see it as abusive or anything like that.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote