Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #435 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Allright. I got one hit on the ass. I can't remember it, apparently it wasn't hard at all. Nevertheless, except that one time. But I already said, that probably was self defense .
Self defence? Not sure exactly what you mean by that. Self Defence is an act of violence in order to defend yourself against an attacker. You don't hit a child in self-defence. All I'm saying is, yes, there was a time when your parent felt it necessary to spank you in order to show you just how bad a thing you had just done, and to ensure you never, ever did it again. That is what physical discipline is for. There are some things that you don't Get a second chance with, many things that if you do them once and survive, you are very, very lucky. Does the fact that your dad hit you make him a bad person because he hit you once? We're not advocating hitting your children at every opportunity, we're saying it shouldn't be outlawed because some people take it too far.

Personally, i would prefer if someone smacked me if it made it more sure that I would not do it again, rather than to "trust" that I will learn my lesson verbally.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote