Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #71 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMarsh View Post
We don't live in the early days.

And yes, if you were being sarcastic at any point, I missed it. And yeah, it must be due to me being slow not due to the fact you can't read tone on the internet... it's why they invented things like these -
Why is it that two other people picked up on the sarcasm though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm wondering, whether or not you lovely people believe that feminism is still needed? Some might say that men and women generally are equal in regards to work and opportunities.

The other debate I'd like to propose is, what really defines a feminist? Can it be defined?

I believe that it's not about burning bras and hating men. It's about women becoming empowered and empowering their own to be what they want to be. Yes women can do anything these days, but it doesn't mean it's easier. We are expected to run households, look after children, manage finances, have a career and a husband. No wonder they can't cope. No wonder rates of depression are so high. With all the benefits of equal rights has come a LOT of responsibility.

Were women really destined to be carers and child bearers? Is it really in the Earth's best interests to produce any more children? I don't believe it is. I think tighter controls should be enforced and more focus be on feeding the people that already exist who live in dire situations. I may be rambling but I really think people put down feminism without realising what it has done for women in the past and what it could still do presently to improve women's welfare.

I'm all for equality, but some times femenists do make me laugh. The ones that make me laugh are the ones who hate men. They are good for some lols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Definatley agree with man. Or the ones that do make it you wonder how. I dont know how many relationships I know of where everyone knows that the other is or has cheated. (Again without sounding to biased) around here its usually the female. But there are also plenty of cases of the male. Or sometimes its both. I think someone posted how it could just not be in human nature to not stay monagamous. I think for some people that could be true. It just seems the older I get the less marriage matters to people.
I could tell you of several male friends of mine the bang other girls while having a girlfriend. My ex girlfriend's husband was cheating on her after she had a kid. She did not find this out until after we stared dating (she legally seperated from him for other reasons. That was just icing on the cake to finalize the divorce and go for everything), but they wound up back together.
I have seen how people care very little about marriage and I have seen how it means alot to others. Depends on the person I think really. For me if someone cheated while I was married I would not want to be bothered trying to work it out. There is no way for someone to win my trust back after that.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.

Last edited by Buzzov*en; 02-02-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote