Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
I don't think I ever thanked you for that.
Thanks!

But yea, I don't see what the debate is.. Moderators are moderators because they DON'T have to agonize through a democracy of conflicting opinions regarding enforcing the clearly stated rules around here.

Perpetrators get warned adequately and when they don't comply, they're dealt with. End of story.
I'm not kissing any asses. I'm stating a fact.
It's fine in that respect. You asked and you got but I posted a notice and still nobody took any feckin notice

This site is still a damn friendly site with the mod/member relationship barely distinguishable due to our friendly demeanours but if people are going to test that friendliness with stupid crap then we will have to pull rank a little.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default

Didn't The Unfan want to be banned anyway?
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
LETS GO RED WINGS
 
PinkCigarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 347
Default

Now you all understand why I can't stand Darkest_Hour.

I'm not perfect, either, and I don't know why people seem to think that all I do is argue when I've probably argued....twice here while the rest of the time I actually post about music but at least you all see now why DH easily annoys people. It happens in every forum he goes to. This forum is the only one he wasn't banned from...until today.



The other guys, I am not sure what they did and why they are so disliked. Can anyone sum it up?

__________________
PinkCigarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Firstly, I will start by saying that this is Mirroball95.
Please note I have created this second account for the sole purpose of making one post, in order to put my point across, which I feel in two weeks time will not be relevant. I will further prove this by not making any additional posts apart from this one.


As for 'spamming' I do not think I have done any of this on purpose. I think what you could be referring to when you say this is sometimes when I post I reply to the topical subject in hand and sometimes also make other 'PS' comments etc, which I wasn't aware werent allowed and will refrain from doing this in the future. But I havent been told about anything other than the infraction i got for posting the reply to Sleepy Jack, which I fully understood.

I can totally understand why the bannings have been issued out, just feel that I have been dragged into a lot of what has been apparantley CoryAllen and Darkest Hour's doing. Dont get me wrong, I am not innocent in the past, but was relatively new to forums at that time and have since made an effort to change and I hope it didnt go unnoticed.

I understand there will be people who just wont accept me on here, simply for silly things I have posted in the past but unfortunately, I cant change that.
I also dont see all my posts as being totally unworthwile as I am always willing to introduce people to new music, share it/learn about it and a lot of my music based posts/threads I have put a lot of time and effort into.

I know I had made the stupid poll threads and the 'Mirrorball95 Debate' and realise that this is pointless and wont be making threads like them again.
I must stress also that I am not looking to ruin your site and I only made those particular threads in good humour.

Additionally, if this is anything to do with the 'Xtranormal Videos' thread which I have been doing recentley, then all I needed was notification from a particular Mod and I would have stopped it right away. It is just a light humoured thread and I am fully aware it has nothing to do with music, which is why I have posted it in the Lounge section, where it is most suitable.
Also I havent just been solely contributing to the Lounge area of the site, yes it has been the bulk of my input for the past few days, but have still been making regular contributions towards the music side of the site.

I must say that I understand the Mods position and can see it from their point of view that they have a music site forum to run and have to do all the dirty work i.e. cleaning up threads, things that are so easy for normal members like myself not to think about when posting.

I also respect the Mods, although you may not believe this as I have made a second account, for the fact that they dont pull you up for silly little things all the time such as double posting, every time you do it and I think that this respect is owed in a sense when it comes to viewing it this way.
The moderators are probably the most laid back and down to earth you will find on any site.

I just feel as though I have been treated unfairly. Finally, though I must stress that despite all this, I accept this ban as I understand it from the viewpoint of the moderators that they cant ban two and leave one out/have to be equally fair etc.

Finally, I must stress again that I am not looking to spite you moderators by doing this, simply just to put my point across.
So absolutely, I have no qualms about you deleting this account the minute I have posted this. Also if the ban is to be increased because I have made this account, then I ask it to be permanent as I dont see the point in coming back on after any more than 2 weeks of abscense.
Vitalogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton View Post
Now you all understand why I can't stand Darkest_Hour.

I'm not perfect, either, and I don't know why people seem to think that all I do is argue when I've probably argued....twice here while the rest of the time I actually post about music but at least you all see now why DH easily annoys people. It happens in every forum he goes to. This forum is the only one he wasn't banned from...until today.

You're just as bad.
This thread was made to contain the inevitable discussion about the bannings to avoid comments being made all over the boards.
Not as another opportunity for you to let us all know how much you dislike this member.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
LETS GO RED WINGS
 
PinkCigarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
You're just as bad.
This thread was made to contain the inevitable discussion about the bannings to avoid comments being made all over the boards.
Not as another opportunity for you to let us all know how much you dislike this member.
Ehh, I disagree with being just as bad since most of my posts are about music and not arguing and I have only made a fuss twice, really. I don't log in enough to cause much trouble but I guess a few posts in the section most people hang out in the most creates this sort of thinking. Plus, I'm not the only one who has said multiple negative things towards DH but whateva. I'm here for music.
__________________
PinkCigarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalogy View Post
Firstly, I will start by saying that this is Mirroball95.
Please note I have created this second account for the sole purpose of making one post, in order to put my point across, which I feel in two weeks time will not be relevant. I will further prove this by not making any additional posts apart from this one.


As for 'spamming' I do not think I have done any of this on purpose. I think what you could be referring to when you say this is sometimes when I post I reply to the topical subject in hand and sometimes also make other 'PS' comments etc, which I wasn't aware werent allowed and will refrain from doing this in the future. But I havent been told about anything other than the infraction i got for posting the reply to Sleepy Jack, which I fully understood.

I can totally understand why the bannings have been issued out, just feel that I have been dragged into a lot of what has been apparantley CoryAllen and Darkest Hour's doing. Dont get me wrong, I am not innocent in the past, but was relatively new to forums at that time and have since made an effort to change and I hope it didnt go unnoticed.

I understand there will be people who just wont accept me on here, simply for silly things I have posted in the past but unfortunately, I cant change that.
I also dont see all my posts as being totally unworthwile as I am always willing to introduce people to new music, share it/learn about it and a lot of my music based posts/threads I have put a lot of time and effort into.

I know I had made the stupid poll threads and the 'Mirrorball95 Debate' and realise that this is pointless and wont be making threads like them again.
I must stress also that I am not looking to ruin your site and I only made those particular threads in good humour.

Additionally, if this is anything to do with the 'Xtranormal Videos' thread which I have been doing recentley, then all I needed was notification from a particular Mod and I would have stopped it right away. It is just a light humoured thread and I am fully aware it has nothing to do with music, which is why I have posted it in the Lounge section, where it is most suitable.
Also I havent just been solely contributing to the Lounge area of the site, yes it has been the bulk of my input for the past few days, but have still been making regular contributions towards the music side of the site.

I must say that I understand the Mods position and can see it from their point of view that they have a music site forum to run and have to do all the dirty work i.e. cleaning up threads, things that are so easy for normal members like myself not to think about when posting.

I also respect the Mods, although you may not believe this as I have made a second account, for the fact that they dont pull you up for silly little things all the time such as double posting, every time you do it and I think that this respect is owed in a sense when it comes to viewing it this way.
The moderators are probably the most laid back and down to earth you will find on any site.

I just feel as though I have been treated unfairly. Finally, though I must stress that despite all this, I accept this ban as I understand it from the viewpoint of the moderators that they cant ban two and leave one out/have to be equally fair etc.

Finally, I must stress again that I am not looking to spite you moderators by doing this, simply just to put my point across.
So absolutely, I have no qualms about you deleting this account the minute I have posted this. Also if the ban is to be increased because I have made this account, then I ask it to be permanent as I dont see the point in coming back on after any more than 2 weeks of abscense.
It's got nothing to do with the videos thread mirrorball, but everything to do with the things you have admitted to in this post.
Making another account was a really bad idea, but its good to see you understand why you've been banned.

Please don't post again and do come back in 2 weeks.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton View Post
Ehh, I disagree with being just as bad since most of my posts are about music and not arguing and I have only made a fuss twice, really. I don't log in enough to cause much trouble but I guess a few posts in the section most people hang out in the most creates this sort of thinking. Plus, I'm not the only one who has said multiple negative things towards DH but whateva. I'm here for music.
DH isn't your problem and whatever happened in other forums has no influence here.
I suggest you leave him alone unless you want to join him.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

about time the whip got cracked
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
about time the whip got cracked
Reminds me of something you might do. Back at the other place.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.