Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Avant Garde/Experimental
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Garbage Poster
 
SoundboardTerrorSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Youthanasia
Posts: 81
Default Power Electronics

Soooooo.... im giving this genre a try. what are some important songs and albums I should hear. I just heard Whitehouse's Birthdeath Experience and.... TBH idk wtf im listening to lol. Im not sure if I dislike it or like it either. Just askin for a lil help here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
If its dickness sexually attracts and excites you, it's gay.
SoundboardTerrorSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundboardTerrorSquad View Post
Soooooo.... im giving this genre a try. what are some important songs and albums I should hear. I just heard Whitehouse's Birthdeath Experience and.... TBH idk wtf im listening to lol. Im not sure if I dislike it or like it either. Just askin for a lil help here
I'll leave it to people who actually know the genre, but if you're that unfamiliar with the sound in general then I'm curious what you know about noise and industrial music in general. This might be a watershed moment for you, bro.

I'm also curious about power electronics recs too btw. I only remember listening to Whitehouse as well.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Garbage Poster
 
SoundboardTerrorSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Youthanasia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'll leave it to people who actually know the genre, but if you're that unfamiliar with the sound in general then I'm curious what you know about noise and industrial music in general. This might be a watershed moment for you, bro.

I'm also curious about power electronics recs too btw. I only remember listening to Whitehouse as well.
I know next to nothing about noise/ industrial music. Ive heard a few select songs and that's about it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
If its dickness sexually attracts and excites you, it's gay.
SoundboardTerrorSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundboardTerrorSquad View Post
I know next to nothing about noise/ industrial music. Ive heard a few select songs and that's about it
Again, I know nothing about power electronics besides its general place next to early industrial, but I'm assuming that you've heard Throbbing Gristle if you've heard Whitehouse? Metal Machine Music? Just trying to get a sense of what you know.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Garbage Poster
 
SoundboardTerrorSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Youthanasia
Posts: 81
Default

Metal Machine Music yes. And I kinda like the sound.

Havent listened to Throbbing Gristle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
If its dickness sexually attracts and excites you, it's gay.
SoundboardTerrorSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundboardTerrorSquad View Post
Metal Machine Music yes. And I kinda like the sound.

Havent listened to Throbbing Gristle
Well then...





Pretty much the most intense live recording I've ever heard/seen.

__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,592
Default

good for starters here, this label consists of power electronics but pleasing synths. they have a handful of great comps

__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Well then...

I heard this song a few years back and loved it. Keep forgetting to listen to more of their stuff. Which album do I start with?
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
I heard this song a few years back and loved it. Keep forgetting to listen to more of their stuff. Which album do I start with?
D.O.A. The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle ("Hamburger Lady" is from that album) is generally regarded as their definitive album (if a band like Throbbing Gristle can be said to have a definitive anything), but 20 Jazz Funk Greats is definitely the more easy listen. You really shouldn't worry about which to listen to first cause Throbbing Gristle are not a band for whom quality between albums is really a concern, they're just a band who try to alienate and **** with you, so the easier album is a perfectly fine way to introduce yourself. But the harder album is also a fine way to shoot yourself in the head, which is also a perfectly fine way to introduce yourself cause Throbbing Gristle would like you to shoot yourself in the head if that's what speaks to you.

Regardless you're not going to have an easy time.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
D.O.A. The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle ("Hamburger Lady" is from that album) is generally regarded as their definitive album (if a band like Throbbing Gristle can be said to have a definitive anything), but 20 Jazz Funk Greats is definitely the more easy listen. You really shouldn't worry about which to listen to first cause Throbbing Gristle are not a band for whom quality between albums is really a concern, they're just a band who try to alienate and **** with you, so the easier album is a perfectly fine way to introduce yourself. But the harder album is also a fine way to shoot yourself in the head, which is also a perfectly fine way to introduce yourself cause Throbbing Gristle would like you to shoot yourself in the head if that's what speaks to you.

Regardless you're not going to have an easy time.
I'll listen to D.O.A. because I'm a man and need to prove it!
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.