Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Hate Crimes?
Yes 14 34.15%
No 22 53.66%
I Don't Know 2 4.88%
I Don't Care 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #161 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Until you realize that "people who commit hate crimes" are members of society and having court based hatred for this group would be no more damaging to a free society than sending a message of hate to another group.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #162 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Default

They did what they did. The only time a reasoning for a crime should effect the punishment due is when it relates to self-defense or other similar situations. Otherwise, it doesn't make a difference because the action was done no matter the reasoning behind it. Basically, I picked no.
The Beatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #163 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
So racist and anti-homosexual groups deserve the same treatment as a minority group or homosexual group because they're just another group even if they act on those actions?
Well, yes. They should be punished for the action but not treated differently by the state, the court, or the government based on what groups they belong to.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #164 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

Well obviously you're wrong.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #165 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

Stop it!
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #166 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Well, yes. They should be punished for the action but not treated differently by the state, the court, or the government based on what groups they belong to.
So let me get this straight, there's no difference between a group of homosexuals who can't help their own sexual preference and people who hate homosexuals and attack on that hate?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #167 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
So let me get this straight, there's no difference between a group of homosexuals who can't help their own sexual preference and people who hate homosexuals and attack on that hate?
I didn't say there wasn't a difference, nor did I come even remotely close to implying that.

However, being a homosexual and hating homosexuals aren't things for which your humanity should be lessened for. Neither of those in and of themselves are inherently detrimental to others.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #168 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I didn't say there wasn't a difference, nor did I come even remotely close to implying that.

However, being a homosexual and hating homosexuals aren't things for which your humanity should be lessened for. Neither of those in and of themselves are inherently detrimental to others.
Yeah but we're talking hate crimes. Crime means you acted upon that hate which makes it very detrimental to others.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #169 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

But the hate itself isn't detrimental. The crime is. People shouldn't be punished because of they're motivation.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #170 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
But the hate itself isn't detrimental. The crime is. People shouldn't be punished because of they're motivation.
Really? The hate isn't detrimental? Do you think a christian would bomb an abortion clinic killing the workers there if he wasn't morally opposed to abortion? Do you think the KKK would've lynched as many people as they did if they weren't as prejudice as they were? Do you think those stories of homosexuals getting beaten would happen without the hate?

The hate is extremely detrimental, I realize being 13 you probably havn't had much interaction with anything you're talking about and you're just trying to look politically aware and controversial but one of my best friends is a lesbian and I've frequently had to deal with her being harassed and finding messages like "fags go to hell" and "make a porno bitch" in the locker. So don't give me that bull**** about hate not being detrimental, I've seen her cry. Religious/Moronic fueled hatred is a very real problem and it's an extremely damaging thing to happen to anyone and to everything as a culture. Stop responding if you're going to keep spitting your ignorance everywhere, you're just making yourself look like a bigot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.